The idler pivot is what the idler arm mounts to and pivots about, and the OEM idler pivot has issues with bending the shaft and also bending the tabs on the frame that locate the idler pivot.
When these issues happen, the passenger side of the drag link ends up higher in the frame, creating an excessive angle of the passenger tie rod and usually causes tie rod problems. The Cognito Idler Pivot is a much stronger upgrade that has a hardened alloy steel shaft with tapered roller bearings.
Also included is a weld in gusset to strengthen the frame tabs in order to keep the steering components moving in their intended positions. Unwanted steering movements and play lead to premature tire and tie rod wear, lower fuel economy, lane wandering and poor steering control.
- Improved Returnability
- Rugged high-strength casting, steel spindle and tapered roller bearings
- Also reduces steering road wander and rut tracking
- Helps to eliminate Steering Play-extends tire life
- Bolt-in replacement for the original component
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Reduces road wander, rut tracking and driver fatigue
- Provides tighter control of steering, especially on narrow roads
- Increases overall safety
- Replaces and, as a result, outlasts the OEM bell crank many times over
- High-quality tapered roller bearings that remain tight with no side-to-side or vertical movement
- Design provides for end and side adjustment
- Hi-Tensile strength casting
- Greased-packed and sealed roller bearings and spindle